Tuesday, October 5, 2021

The Ladder Analogy

Many sages have used the ladder analogy. You can  learn best from someone a rung above you on the ladder. Higher than that it is likely you won't understand what they are teaching. I found this to be true in my search.

In the end you have to become your own authority. I always had an intuitive sense of what was beneficial to me. I followed that intuition. I did not select a single path, but followed anything that resonated.

I devoured many teachers and moved on when I felt I understood. I studied with my intellect and followed my intuition. Yes, some teachers are at a much higher level of consciousness than others. I have come to understand that there is no final end point. There are many awakenings. Even those who we consider enlightened progress to deeper and more subtle understandings.

Follow what resonates with you. If you trust someone because they embody what you are seeking, ask them who they studied. Then test the teacher or teaching. Does it resonate with you? Does it give you a sense of truth, a sense of clarity? Remember, in the end, it is you who becomes the truth. Then there is no one to follow.

1 comment:

Ananda said...

This is so true. Thank you Maury 🙏