Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Am Many Persons

When I was and infant, I didn't think at all. When I was a child, I thought like a child. When I was a teenager, I thought like a teenager. When I was a Christian, I thought like a Christian. When I was an atheist, I thought I was that. And then I thought blah, blah, blah.

All the while I thought I was these things, who was there knowing that I believed them? Who was there feeling the results of those thoughts? Since there was awareness of all those positionalities, and now they are gone, who am I now?

I've been a series of persons. A little odd, me thinks. Was the real me ever any of those persons? Or can I even say persons?

Or, am I just Awareness. Pure, open space Awareness. Ever present, ever allowing, never judging, but feeling the results of those judgments.

The real me just lets concepts of a person come and go. If I follow them, I become a person and forget who I really am. Was I ever one of those persons, or was Awareness just allowing those apparent persons to be, as long as they wished to be?

Who will I be tomorrow? Only someone if I forget who I really am.

No comments: