Friday, April 18, 2008

A Bird Conversation

Truth is like the air under a bird's wing. It cannot be grasped, captured, contained in any way. It cannot be controlled. And yet it supports a bird's soaring flight.

The air is always there, under the wings, whenever opened. It doesn't go anywhere. Cannot be seen, yet it is always there. Wherever the bird is, there it is.

A bird soars from the ground to the broadening heights of sky, yet ask a bird about air, and he will say, "What's that?"

"It's what you fly on!"

"Oh, I don't know about that. I fly on my wings. See? I fly on these."

"But it's what's under you wings that lets you fly. Don't you see?"

"No, I don't see. There's nothing under my wings."

Awareness is like air. It's always there, always here, always everywhere. But who sees Awareness? We are like birds, living in Awareness, but only seeing our wings. We see the content, but not the context. Have you noticed?


No comments: